Antiseptic - Disinfectant Based On Iodo Povidone-Iodine 10 %
IODOVIN is used for cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing agricultural and horticultural buildings such as animal housing, livestock trucks, equipment, and as a shoe bath prior to entering barns.
IODOVIN is also used as a deodorant and drinking water sanitizer. Effective against Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory syndrome (PRRS).
IODOVIN is a highly stable compound of iodine and polyvinyl pyrrolidone that produces a slow release of iodine and increases its solubility in water. The product is not aggressive, corrosive or caustic and this is its main difference with Lugol’s solution and other iodine-based solutions. It is effective on gram positive and gram negative bacteria, some viruses and fungi.
Features And Benefits
- Proven to kill PRRS virus.
- Its wide microbiocidal spectrum acts on most bacteria, mold, and yeast.
- Effective in cold water.
- Disinfectant of general use in poultry farming, cattle raising, and pets.
- for human & animals at recommended dilution rates.
- Effective in the presence of organic matter.
- Maintains effectiveness in hard water.
- Safe for human & animals at recommended dilution rates.
- The natural color of iodine allows the product to act as its own indicator.
- There is always iodine present in the solution so long as there is an amber color present.
- Disinfectant for drinking water.
- Disinfectant and hand antiseptic for processing and incubation plants personnel.
5-liter plastic container.
Disinfection Building And Equipment
1. Remove all animals and feed.
2. Then remove all dirt, manure, debris from floor or surface.
3. Pre-rinse with water to pre-clean. (High pressure if possible).
4. Clean with an alkaline cleaner (Premise Degreaser)
5. Rinse with water. (High pressure if possible).
6. Apply the disinfectant to the cleaned surface by an applicator, or manually.
7. Let solution drain and dry without rinsing.
- 1 lt. of IODOVIN in 200 lts. of water for disinfection of warehouses, floors, walls, ceilings, trucks transporting eggs, poultry, livestock, etc.
- 1 lt. of IODOVIN in 400 lts. Of water for disinfection of drinking systems, tanks, cages, implements, hopers, parturition places, etc. Entrance and exit pools of restricted areas.
- 1 lt. of IODOVIN in 2000 lts. of water for sanitizing drinking water. Without diluting: surgery areas, surgery instruments, as an antiseptic for skin, mucosa and injuries. For bacterial and/or mycotic infections.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Avoid contact with food or edible products.
- In case of contact with mucosa and eyes, wash with abundant water.
- Do not ingest.
- Prepare the amount to be used only.
- Avoid direct sunlight to the stored product.
- Store in its original container with temperatures between 0 and 30º C.
- Avoid the presence of organic matter before applying the product.
- For the operator, use mask, safety goggles, rubber overall and rubber gloves.
- Do not puncture, pierce or cut the container.
- Do not reuse the empty container
- Do not throw the empty container in open garbage dump sites, burn or bury.