Hygiene is an important aspect of hatchery design and management. Good hygiene is required for maximum hatching rates and chick quality. The protection from contamination of hatching eggs and day-old chicks or poultry’s, particularly in the light of specific disease controls (e.g. those concerning Salmonella), is becoming increasingly relevant in the operation of hatcheries. Protection of the workforce from contamination is also becoming a more prominent concern.
Superior dual action formulation Effective against a broad spectrum of disease-causing organisms Ideal for use in hatcheries, food processing and on the farm.
TROGEX-S® dual action formulation is ideal for use in hatcheries, food processing and on the farm providing a broad spectrum of activity against viruses, bacteria, fungi and spores.
TROGEX-S® provides a flexible solution for surface, equipment, vehicle, and egg dipping or spray disinfection at low temperatures and in the presence of organic challenge.
A synergistic and unique blend of tertiary alkylamine and a twin chain quaternary ammonium compound with added foam booster to provide excellent foaming characteristics.
Mode of Action
TROGEX-S® works by disrupting the cytoplasmic membrane, resulting in loss of vital intracellular constituents and precipitation of cell contents, leading to cell death.
- Dual action formulation with twin chain quaternary ammonium and tertiary alkylamine compounds
- A broad spectrum of activity
- Specifically developed for use in the hatchery and food processing environments
- Can be applied as a foam, spray or egg dip
- Can be used through pressure washers and spraying equipment
- Non-staining and none tainting
5-liter plastic container
The level of disease causing organisms present after basic cleaning can remain high enough to offer a serious disease challenge. Using a disinfectant independently proven effective against viruses, bacteria, fungi and spores, such as TROGEX-S® is essential.
Manually prepare a solution between 0.5 - 1% (1:200 - 1:100 dilution) of TROGEX-S® or calibrate your dosing equipment to achieve the required dilution. Using either a knapsack sprayer or pressure washer on a low pressure setting, spray the disinfectant solution on to pre-cleaned surfaces at an application rate of 300ml/m2.
Manually prepare a 2% (1:50 dilution) solution of TROGEX-S® or calibrate your dosing equipment to achieve the required dilution. Using a pressure washer with a foaming lance apply TROGEX-S®disinfectant solution to pre-cleaned surfaces at an application rate of 250ml/m2.
Settersand Egg StoresContaining Eggs Manually prepare a 1% (1:100 dilution) solution of TROGEX-S®or calibrate your dosing equipment to achieve the required dilution. Using either a mechanical mist/cold fog generator, knapsack sprayer or pressure washer on a fine mist setting, apply TROGEX-S® disinfectant solution for a period of 5-10 seconds per 3m3 to wet the surface of the egg or equipment.
Egg Disinfectant Dip
Manually prepare a 1% (1:100 dilutions) solution of TROGEX-S® using warm water (38-41ºC) in a suitable container and dip hatching eggs for 2-3 minutes prior to placement in the hatching baskets.
Manually prepare a 1% (1:100 dilutions) solution of TROGEX-S® or calibrate your dosing equipment to achieve the required dilution. Using either a pressure washer or knapsack sprayer on a fine mist setting, apply the disinfectant solution to all surfaces of the vehicle including; wheel arches, mudguards and any exposed chassis.
Store in the original container below 25°C. In a dry well-ventilated area away from sources of heat or ignition. Protect from direct sunlight.
- Use disinfectants safely. Always read and follow the product label instructions and information, including the precautionary statements before use.
- Do not breathe spray mist (wear a mist respirator at all times during the application process).
- Wear suitable personal protective clothing including; waterproof coveralls (Tychem®), gloves and boots, and face protection (in accordance with BS EN 166).
- Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight. Do not allow to freeze
- Do not allow the product to enter water-courses.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Always refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for further details on product specific health and safety issues.
Emergency/First Aid Procedures
- If the product or its dilutions are splashed in the eye, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- Rinse any product off the skin immediately with water.
- If ingested allow patient to drink water if conscious, but do not induce vomiting. Seek medical advice.