Antiseptic - disinfectant based on iodo povidone-iodine 10 %
Iodine has been in use for several years by virtue of its excellent antimicrobial activity against a wide range of micro-organisms which include bacteria, virus, fungi, and protozoa. But elemental iodine as such has few limitations like its low solubility in water, lack of residual germicidal activity, irritant vapors, corrosive nature etc.
POVIDEX® 10% (controlled iodine releasing complex)
POVIDEX® 10% carry all the iodine in a complex form, thereby leaving small concentrations of free iodine in the solution. This property helps reduce the drawbacks associated with the presence of elemental iodine i.e. high toxicity, high level of irritation and staining power. POVIDEX® 10% retain the germicidal action, but not the undesirable properties of iodine.
Advantages of POVIDEX® 10% over other sanitizers
- Broad-spectrum germicide- bactericidal, virucidal and fungicidal
- Controlled release of iodine ensuring a long lasting effect
- It features the versatile properties of a cleaner, disinfectant, sanitizer and a deodorizer
- Not affected much by organic matter, water hardness and pH
- No potable water rinse required after sanitizing equipment with POVIDEX®10%
- Non-staining, non-corrosive, relatively non-toxic, non-irritating at user dilutions
- Self-indicative of effectiveness by color index
- Safe, effective and economical
POVIDEX® 10% Formulated with iodophore against mastitis-causing bacteria’s providing the mastitis prevention required for high-quality milk
Mode of action
Microbicidal property of POVIDEX® 10% is by the iodination of lipids and oxidation of compounds in the cell membrane and cytoplasm of the microbes leading to disruption of the structural integrity of the organism and thereby killing it.
5-liter plastic container.
- POVIDEX®10% is ready to use the product and should be used directly from the jerry can without dilution
- Use disposable towel per cow to clean teat
- Fill teat cup 2/3 with POVIDEX®10% and immerse each teat. Allow a minimum contact time of 30 seconds
- Refill the teat cup if necessary
- Dry teats thoroughly with a paper towel. Use one towel per cow.
- Dip or spray the teats immediately after milking.
- Fill teat cup 2/3 with POVIDEX®10% and immerse each teat or Spray each teat. Allow a minimum contact time of 30 seconds.
- Teat cups should be thoroughly washed after use.
- Wash and dry udder and teats before the next milking.
- 1 lt. of POVIDEX®10% in 200 lts. of water for disinfection of warehouses, floors, walls, ceilings, trucks transporting eggs, poultry, livestock, etc.
- 1 lt. of POVIDEX®10% in 400 lts. Of water for disinfection of drinking systems, tanks, cages, implements, hopers, parturition places, etc. Entrance and exit pools of restricted areas.
- 1 lt. of POVIDEX®10% in 2000 lts. Of water for sanitizing drinking water.
surgery areas, surgery instruments, as an antiseptic for skin, mucosa and injuries. For bacterial infections.
Store in the original container below 25°C. In a dry well-ventilated area away from sources of heat or ignition. Protect from direct sunlight.
- Wear protective gloves /eye protection.
- In contact with eyes, rinse continuously with water for several minutes.
- Remove contact lenses, if present. Continue rinsing.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Avoid contact with food or edible products.
- In case of contact with mucosa and eyes, wash with abundant water.
- Do not ingest.
- Prepare the amount to be used only.
- Avoid direct sunlight to the stored product.
- Store in its original container with temperatures between 0 and 30º C.
- Avoid the presence of organic matter before applying the product.
- For the operator, use mask, safety goggles, rubber overall and rubber gloves.
- Do not puncture, pierce or cut the container.
- Do not reuse the empty container.
- Do not throw the empty container in open garbage dump sites, burn or bury.